HOW PVR CUSTOMER CARE WON ME OVER

It had all the makings of a perfect Delhi evening… well, to be honest we were in Noida but, you get the drift.  The weather was just right, the old gang was hanging out together and a friend had flown down from Mumbai. All the planning and seemingly endless texts on WhatsApp were going to culminate in what promised to be a great evening.



We had booked six tickets to an IMAX film at PVR and were rather enthusiastic about it. As always I had already given my friends quite a spiel about being on time. So, there we were… a handsome 15 minutes before the show was set to start. We patiently waited and debated where we should eat and had to plan things perfectly because everyone had to be somewhere post the movie.

It was finally time for the movie to start but, the door to the auditorium was still closed. This was curious because it usually opens up a good 10-15 minutes before the show timing; presumably so that people can get seated and lap up some advertisements and trailers. “Five more minutes!” a PVR employee told the confused looking crowd. Also read: 10 REASONS TO GO WATCH TRAPPED

Since people know that the advertisements and national anthem would take up a reasonable amount of time, no one was in a rush to get in. Me and my friends however are always keen on watching trailers at IMAX, even if it means we’ll have to brave the advertisements.

It was now a good 15 minutes past the scheduled screening time and people were getting fidgety. Many had already finished their popcorn and soft drinks and we weren’t even inside the damn hall. “Just five minutes!” the PVR employee repeated. Now however, the restlessness of the crowd was palpable. People like us who had to be somewhere post the film were already calculating how late we would reach our destinations thanks to the delay.

We were now a good half an hour past the scheduled screening time and were told the auditorium would be opened right away. By now me and a small crowd had gathered around the manager. He was dealing with the restless crowd and decided to open the auditorium.

As we grabbed our 3D glasses there was hateful chatter all around about how PVR had let everyone down – in far less civil words of course. Fairly angry about the issue myself, I did what we often do these days… I ranted about the whole fiasco on Twitter. Also read: HOW LITTLE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY

When I came out of the movie hall I noticed that PVR customer care had responded and asked for my phone number and other details. The next day I received a call from an apologetic customer care executive named Gaurav who patiently heard my rant. I told him something lik this wasn’t expected from a brand like PVR… after all movie tickets aren’t 100 bucks anymore; customer are paying for a superior cinema viewing experience.

I doubted that my first world rant would bear any fruit in our third world country but to my surprise it did! Gaurav told me that in order to make up for the inconvenience he would ensure that our next IMAX film is on the house.

Weeks later, when I found another film worth watching at IMAX I called Gaurav, rather reluctantly – It had been a while since we had spoken and the issue seemed far less dramatic to me now. However, he ensured that I walked into PVR with a friend (Sadly all 6 of us couldn't make it), saw the movie and walked out with smug smile on my face as promised. It was a small thing but, they won me over with it!

Have you ever had such an experience? Leave a comment, Tweet to me @Likhnewaala or message me on my Facebook Page.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 3 MOVIES TO WATCH ALONE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 REASONS TO GO WATCH TRAPPED

DELHI VERSUS MUMBAI- THE WAY I SEE IT!

SHORT STORY: STORY OF THEIR LIFE

HOW LITTLE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CHASE YOUR DREAMS?

PK IS NOT A GREAT MOVIE; HERE'S WHY!